HOHOHO! Happy holidays | Flat 15% OFF site-wide

A woman holding flowers with her hands in multichromatic surroundings

A ‘Sex Startup’? Really?

You’re probably wondering - what led us to create a sex start up in India?

In all honesty, it wasn’t an easy decision (answers to the question ‘so, what do you do for work’ have since become a lot more um, interesting).

We’re a young, recently married couple living in Bombay. We never had plans of being the sex positivity ambassadors of India, or stirring up controversy. We just think that all people have a right to live how they live, and love who they love.

Over the past few years, we’ve started seeing pockets of positive change taking place all over the country. We noticed a shift in how Indians were beginning to think about and talk about sex. We started to see people challenging the status quo.

But we still have such a long way to go.

We live in a big, beautiful, messy, and complicated country. A country of contrasts and in-betweens. One in which parts are evolving, and parts are stuck in the past.

Like the sexual health industry, for example. An industry that has objectified and excluded, and has constantly ignored the changing needs of real individuals. An industry dominated by old players, out of touch with today’s realities.

So we said enough. We wanted to build a brand that catered to the brave. A brand that turned an outdated industry on its head, and started a fresh dialogue around a part of life that’s so central to our existence.

We really believed that people were ready for something better. And so we asked around.

We ran a casual survey, and got over 250 responses in 48 hours. One of the biggest surprises was that 44% of people were already using products other than contraceptives in their intimate lives. What wasn’t surprising were the endless complaints about quality and accessibility. Oh, and of the remaining 56% of folks that hadn’t used products in the bedroom before, 8 out of 10 people said they wanted to try.

We clearly saw curiosity, and a greater willingness to make pleasure a priority. And yet, there’s a huge lack of products that allow you to do so.

So yeah, thats why we created a “sex startup”. We wanted to build a brand that lets people buy intimate products easily and discreetly. A brand that actually cares about and focuses on the individual and the experience. A brand that celebrates sex in all its beautiful, messy glory.

₹ 1,799
208 reviews
Amber Vanilla ₹ 1,799 Patchouli Rosewood ₹ 1,799 Jasmine Ylang ₹ 1,799 Bergamot Mahogany ₹ 1,799
-11% off
₹ 3,098 ₹ 2,750
68 reviews
Bergamot Mahogany ₹ 2,750 Patchouli Rosewood ₹ 2,750 Amber Vanilla ₹ 2,750 Jasmine Ylang ₹ 2,750
₹ 5,999
78 reviews
Morning Light ₹ 5,999 Inkpen Blue - Sold Out ₹ 5,999 Lemon Tart ₹ 5,999 Arctic Frost ₹ 5,999


** This article was written by MyMuse Co-Founders, Anushka & Sahil Gupta, in an effort to be fully transparent with our community. If you have thoughts, questions, or feedback, please write to us at – musings@mymuse.in


While our contributors do research a great deal to give you up to date and relevant content, this is basis publicly available information. Our contributors are not doctors or healthcare service providers and our content does not constitute or act as a substitute for medical advice or diagnosis under applicable laws. All suggestions, advice, points of view etc., are meant for adults in the privacy of their own homes.

Older Post
Newer Post
Quiz Quiz

Not sure where to start?

Take our 1 minute quiz and find the perfect bedroom addition for you.

Take our quiz